Hello fans of RockMeadow,
I just want to thank everyone who participated in RockMeadow's Halloween Day Schooling Show on October 31st. First and foremost, a very special thank you to the Riders, Family members and friends who attended the show. Without you, there would be no show!
I also want to thank the individuals, farms and companies who also participated in our show;
- Olson's Tack Shop, Mike and Heather! A huge thank you for once again sponsering our classes by awarding a Gift Card to our first place winners.
- Eloy for providing the best hot chicken tacos, burritos, snacks and refreshments at the show!
- Jay Arend, thank you for judging our show. Your insightful comments and enthusiasm for the sport really made the day special. Thank you for caring so much about our youngest competitors!
- Pacific Ridge Training and Lee Dennie - thank you Lee for being our course designer and for helping with jump crew needs. And thank you all at Pacific Ridge for participating!
- Thumbs Up Farm, Keri Bailey and QuinnPartridge. Quinn, alias Super Fly, thank you tons for your excellent help during the busiest classes ever at the In-Gate! Outstanding!!! You kept all 80 rounds of walk-trot competitors moving through the gate! Keri, as always, thank you for being so supportive of our schooling shows!
- Thumbs Up Farm, John Turnerand Jack Hammond - Thank you for providing, maintaining and constantly upgrading, through new purchases, the awesome jumps and equipment!
- Red Gate Farm, Jamie Smith, Antonio Jimenez, and all the students, friends and family from Red Gate. We love having you join us at our schooling shows. You are all so organized, fun to work with, and add a great level of competition. Thank you all!
- HomeSick Angels - Kate Triplett, Thank you Kate, Rick, Saacha and wonderful owners of those gorgeous Irish Sport Horses! It's a real pleasure to watch Saacha ride, and wow, what gorgeous, well behaved horses! I look forward to seeing your group at future RockMeadow events!
- Fox Hollow Farm - Susan Gray. Thank you so much for bringing your wonderful group of ponies and young riders to RockMeadow! It was great to meet you, and even better to meet someone who is out there developing new young riders in the sport!
- Carleen Matson, our Show Secretary! Thank you for working well under alot of pressure. Carleen is working on computerizing our Show System. Whew, good thing she is doing that and not me!
- Jeff Mandels - Show Announcer. Thank you Jeff for announcing the names of each and every competitor as they entered the arena. I know it meant alot to our kids and families!
- Jessie Ruiz, foreman at RockMeadow and all our staff for preparing the stalls, arenas and grounds for our competitors. Thank you Jessie for working with me through thick and thin for 24 years!!!
- Julie Nagan, thank you for stepping up to take some photos of our kids in the costume classes and posting these photos on Facebook!
The highlight of the day had to be the two costume classes we held. I was amazed at the creativity and ingenious ways everyone came up with to dress their horses too!
I will be posting the class results from the Halloween Show this week. I believe that after all the hard work our students and competitors did to participate, the results really need to be posted for everyone to enjoy!
Thank You, It's going to be an excellent November!
** P.S. Mark you calendars for November 27 and 28, 2010 and plan to attend the Susie Hutchison Riding clinic at RockMeadow. Susie is an awesome clinician, very insightful, kind and caring about the success of each and every participant.